One more attempt at getting consistent is coming up!
1) I have been crocheting a lot lately. I went and bought some new hooks and a bunch of yarn last week and now I just need to set aside time in which to get all of my projects done. I am really good at starting projects, not the best at finishing. Here's hoping I can actually start finishing some of them and shipping them to my family and friends. I have learned a lot of stitches already and have found that Google is a great help when I need a few tips and tricks. There are a LOT of great crochet blogs out there. By the way, apparently one of the most stolen items from our local library is a magazine titled Crochet World. I guess crocheting and knitting really IS getting popular!
2) Tonight was homemade fettuccine alfredo. Well, the alfredo sauce was homemade, not the pasta. It's a 20 minute delicious meal. Not good for the waistline necessarily, but delicious nonetheless. What's your favorite go-to quick and easy meal?
3) I am excited for all the season premieres this week! We've already watched the newest Big Bang Theory, but the new Modern Family is coming up tomorrow night! I really hope they resolve the Haley-Andy plot and I hope it ends with them together! Adam Devine is ADORABLE as Andy and Sarah Hyland is always great as Haley. They are so cute together, even though I liked Dylan, too. What are the shows you are excited for this season?
4) So, I'm reading a book called "Trip of the Tongue" which explores certain enclaves of language throughout the United States. She started with several Native American languages and talks about the extinction of a lot of these languages and how that happens, etc. Anyhow, one of the places she visited was Forks, Washington. Apparently, that is the setting for Twilight? I don't know, never read 'em. She was talking about how there is a HUGE tourism boom there because of the books and that they give tours of the town, even though the book is FICTION and none of those characters ever actually lived. Yikes. That just makes me want to shake my head, but I guess it's similar to wanting to see the foundations of Tintagel Castle in England because according to legend, that is where King Arthur was conceived, so who am I to judge...well, maybe I still will a little. ;)
5) I may have the house all to myself the majority of the weekend this upcoming weekend. Rick has to work all weekend and it's Daden's off week and Ashley wants to stay at her mother's, because she has to redo her "real" baby school experiment because she gave it too many head tilts last time. Oops. So, now I'm thinking about all the things I want to do this weekend. What's the one thing YOU would do if you had the entire weekend to yourself?
Have a great week everyone!