1. It was hot as balls last night and the concert was at an outdoor stadium. Yeah, sitting in the sun for an hour before the opening act, then an additional hour after the opening act, only served to make us sweaty messes by the end of the evening. Added to that, my legs and feet swell in the heat. My toes looked like Vienna sausages and I had cankles even Hillary Clinton could make fun of!
2. I guess it's a thing that at every 1D (we're that close now, obvs) concert, they read the signs that people bring. Well, all I can say is this: Some parents didn't do a very good job at screening the things their children were writing on the signs. LOTS of inappropriate signs that my 13-year old shook her head in disgust at were there last night, making pretty blatant references to sex and genitalia. Thankfully, the guys looked right over those and only commented on the ones that were funny or sincere. My SD also said that she heard Louis and Liam on their mikes during that part and even they were appalled at the crassness of some of the fans.
3. Flip side was some great FUNNY signs, including one that said she loved the band more than Netflix. In this day and age, that's devotion! There were also a lot of "MARRY ME" signs. Harry was the main one working the crowd whenever the band took a little break. He was actually very funny, working the crowd and commenting on the signs.
4. The concert was actually very well done, once the band got started and I actually had heard several of the songs. However, the shrieking...oh my, the shrieking! I forgot my earplugs, so I endured quite a bit of it assaulting my ears. There were girls a couple rows in front of us who were screaming and crying. I got to live a little bit of my teenage years in that moment, because I never got to see any of my favorite bands in concert as a teen. Next time I will remember earplugs though. Those girls can hit some high pitches.
5. The best part? My stepdaughter's face whenever they first walked out on stage and each subsequent time they featured Niall. He's her favorite. She was grinning ear to ear practically the entire concert. Sweat and heat didn't faze her and neither did waiting so long for them to come on stage. All that mattered was the moment she giddily clutched her new 1D tour shirt, grinned, and thanked me. This was her first concert and as much as she enjoyed it, I'm sure it won't be her last. As a fan of all kinds of music and especially loving going to concerts, I can't wait!!