I know it has been a while since I posted regularly, but I have been very lazy and disaffected lately. I really am behind on everything and just need a major restart. I am hoping writing this will help in dome small way to get me back on track. Here goes!
1. The Easter hangover began Sunday evening. We visited my parents and stayed up far too late both Friday and Saturday. We played some cards, watched Kentucky lose (Haha), and I actually got a bit of crocheting accomplished. Sunday evening we were up too late doing laundry for the new week. We had a blast but I was certainly feeling grumpy Sunday night.
2. I started reading Steve Martin's autobiography, Born Standing Up. It is a great read so far and it is amazing how he started out! One of my all time favorite comedians.
3. We went to Easter mass at a gorgeous old church known for its frescoes and statuary. It was an amazing place to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. When I was a child, the pieta there brought me to tears. It scared me and fascinated me. Very similar to how I feel when I think about things beyond this world.
4. Have you heard? The brontosaurus is back! Scientists now believe that the apatosaurus and brontosaurus are two distinct species. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is just as historic as if they finally reinstated Pluto back to regular planet status.
5. Currently on my nightstand: The aforementioned Steve Martin book, Rachel Dratch's book, Girl walks into a Bar, Henri Nouwen's The Return of the Prodigal Son, my Kindle fire, my mouth guard to keep from snoring, baby blanket crochet pattern, a large volume of Twentieth Century American Poetry, a notebook, a Bible, my prayer book, 33 Days to morning Glory (a DIY Marian retreat), and a copy of Matthew Kelly's Rediscover Catholicism. Phew! That's a lot of stuff. How many books are stacked up on your nightstand? Anything good?