1. I started trying to put in an effort this week and actually wake up at my first alarm to get ready for the day. Previously, I was hitting snooze 5 times and then rolling over and picking up my tablet to check Facebook and not crawling out of bed until I absolutely had no time left but to pack a quick lunch, change, and run out the door. Today I received the first obligatory, "You look really nice today. Is there a change?" Yep, I'm actually wearing makeup, that's the difference. Apparently I look like an old hag without it.
2. I found out that I have anemia today. My hemoglobin has always been lower than normal and I have a very difficult time giving blood because of it. However, I've never actually been diagnosed with anemia before. Apparently, I now have a logical reason as to why I chew ice all day long at work.
3. I took a shopping trip to Target today. I actually walked out with only $40 worth of stuff. I'm amazed. You don't have any idea how many things I picked up and put back though. My restraint should be rewarded...with a purse! Oh, wait...
4. I bought myself a T-shirt the other day to support my Boys in Blue, the Kansas City Royals. I've had a Royals shirt, but needed another, as the one I had has what I believe to be cherry juice stains on it. I got a plain tee with Royals on the front and Eric Hosmer's last name and number (35) on the back. He's a rockstar and he really grew on me during the playoffs last season. He has a lot of passion and gets fired up. He's also extremely supportive of his teammates. I was looking up last year's roster for someone yesterday and saw that we also have something in common. Hosmer is a Scorpio, just like myself. Awesome!
5. My husband finished up building our raised gardens. We are hoping to plant everything by the end of this weekend. I am excited to get it started, but I think we bit off a bit more than we should have this year. Either way, I'm hoping to enjoy a lot of fresh produce this summer! I'll have to take pictures of it when it's completed.
Have a great week everyone!