1. I just got home from my stepson's musical on the Nifty Fifties. It's so cute to see 7th and 8th graders in a play. Most of them are brand new to it and they all have so much enthusiasm. My stepson played a nerd, with taped up glasses, sweater vest, and a bowtie. Too cute! I was in our school's play (we only did one a year) when I was in high school, but never got more than bit parts. They dulled my sparkle, y'all! Nah, not really. I still had a blast and I have lots of pictures from most of the shows. Imagine that, me, the middle child, seeking attention through acting. I still dance wherever I am and usually sing, hum, or whistle, too.
2. My Mom and Dad came down on Saturday to hang out with us for a while. They needed to do a little shopping, so we tagged along. We had to make the obligatory stop at Sam's Club. Free samples galore on Saturdays. Score! I always have fun going shopping with my parents. I feel like a kid again, tagging along and just chatting with them about everything. My Mom and Dad are pretty funny, too. We have a lot of comedians in my family. We are a pretty sarcastic family, so any smartassery I learned, I came by it naturally, as did all of my siblings.
3. Speaking of sarcasm, I actually had a boyfriend tell me once that I was too sarcastic. C'est moi?! Too sarcastic? Ha. I thought up until that point that he had a sense of humor. Clearly not as refined as mine.
4. Some of my favorite jokes are based in puns. I love me some corny jokes. The knee slappers, the guffawers, those are my faves. My husband was listening to a podcast about movies and they were discussing Jaws and he thought of me because they started telling shark jokes. What's a shark's favorite sammich? Peanut butter and jellyfish of course! The Laffy Taffy jokes? Those are my favorites. See above where I reference my 'refined sense of humor'. I actually quite enjoy British humor as well. Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, and AbFab are some of my favorites.
5. I found out a cool thing about my county extension office a few weeks ago. They give out a voucher for a free compost bin! I picked mine up today. It is one that will hold up to 216 gallons of stuff. I can't believe they give them away. That's awesome! I cannot wait to get mine started. We already only put our trash out once every few weeks, due to the recycling program in the county. Now we will have even less. How cool is that?
Have a great week everyone and don't forget to 'like' my Facebook page. I currently have a contest going on to win a pair of books! Bonzai Book Bonanza will go on for another 10 days, so be sure to like and share my page and complete an entry form for your chance to win!