1. Today is the last day before Lent and I have some last minute decisions to make. I really thought about it today and I want to do a sugar detox. However, there is a problem with that. I have already bought everything for meals for the week and they include things that are on the NOT list for the detox., including whole wheat tortillas and granola for my greek yogurt. I'm not sure I can even eat the greek yogurt since it's probably sweetened in some way. (It's vanilla.) I don't know how to get around this. Maybe I'll just eat everything I have now and detox after this week is over? I really want to do a sugar detox, but I don't think it's feasible right now for those reasons. Hmmm. I'm already adding in other things, but that would be the one big thing. I used to give up meat for the 40 days of Lent, but it's not really a hardship for me anymore and I really don't eat a lot of it, so I don't want to fall back on that. What say you, oh readers?
2. I was in misery while working out today. My stomach hurt and I started getting a bad headache in the middle of it. I did 3 sets of this: 15 squats, 10 alternating forward lunges, 20 sit ups (laying flat and using a kettle bell), 10 pushups, 15 rows (using a resistance band), 20 regular crunches, 10 side plank crunches (each side), and 10 high knees (alternating legs). I think that's all. I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what. The entire time I was doing all of this, I was also clenching my gluteus maximus trying to hold in a fart. I was successful, but it was painful. Haha. I'd feel bad for my trainer if she didn't kick my ass 7 ways to Sunday.
3. We did the adult thing last night and signed up for life insurance for Rick last night. I can't get any because of my heart condition. The insurance agent had an abscessed tooth and was chewing on ice the whole time. Poor guy. I told him about my baby tooth that I had 'til I was 23 or 24 (no tooth underneath it) and when it broke in half and started hurting. I was young and broke with no dental insurance, so I went with my friend to the bar and drank 3 very alcoholic drinks to get rid of the pain. It worked, kind of, and I ended up wiggling them enough with my tongue to eventually rip it out. Almost as painful as the time the immediate care physician cauterized my big toe and it wasn't numbed all the way when he started. Yowch!
4. My kids have put in their orders for character cakes. Stepdaughter wants a Spongebob cake and stepson wants a Deadpool cake. Deadpool is a comic book character, an 'anti-hero' and is known as the 'Merc with a Mouth' (mercenary that is). SD had Patrick Star last year and SS had the Death Star. Eh, at least Spongebob is already rectangular and Deadpool is really not all that difficult either. I remember some awesome cakes my Mom made when I was a kid and so I've tried to do a few of those for my own kids. Years past have seen a ladybug, a Jolly Roger cake, sea turtles and Legos.
5. I read an article the other day that talked about what people perceive to be the 'sexiest' accent in the world. British accents were #1. Isn't that just a little too easy? What about Australian or Italian? French? German? Okay, maybe not German, it really just sounds like they're perpetually angry. Don't get me wrong, I do like to hear Alan Rickman say, well...just about anything really, but I think there are many other accents that are just as appealing. In fact, almost any accent that's not your own probably sounds pretty appealing to you. What do you think?
Have a great week readers and please like me on Facebook. Thanks!