I am calling it an interactive blog edition, because I need some help from my readers on a few issues.
1. As you may have noticed, the title of my blog changed. Frankly, the old name just wasn't doing it for me and I needed a change. However, I'm not sure I like this one either. I need your help. Vote in the comments for a (potentially) new name change.
Here are the choices:
A. The Stepmom Files
B. Rarely Wicked Stepmother (That's my name now.)
C. The Occasional Mom
D. Your idea here (Submit a suggestion below.)
2. Tonight I made a great, easy, hearty meal that I loved as a kid and still love today. Goulash! What's your favorite recipe for a cold winter night that is simple and hearty? Leave the recipe below if you'd like, so everyone can add another recipe to their list.
3. I am a catalog hoarder. I love catalogs. I will sign up for catalogs whenever I am presented with the opportunity. My favorites are Crate & Barrel and L.L. Bean. Any of you have guilty pleasures like that?
|'Tis the season!|
4. My top 5 Christmas movies are:
- A Christmas Story
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rankin-Bass claymation version, of course).
If you could live in any Christmas movie setting, which would it be? My choice would be the glowing nostalgia in A Christmas Story.
5. Advent is upon us and those of us who follow along will know that this is a time of anticipation and waiting for the Christ child. I am not a patient person by nature. However, I love the tradition and meaning of the season. What more beautiful and perfect gift to be given to us than the Savior? I hope this season of waiting brings you hope and joy, love and laughter. Please share your most favorite Christmas gift that you have received? Mine was a camera that I received as a kid. It carried 110 film and I loved it.
I hope everyone has a blessed week!