Lucky you! You get another post from me, your benevolent leader! I'm sure you're thrilled. :/
So here we are at the over halfway mark. It's August 17th and we have 2 weeks left! I'll give you the rundown.
|burnout time at the car show|
- We have 1 1/2 dozen eggs left, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, 1 1/2 bags of cappellini (angel hair) pasta, 1/2 to 2/3 left of one carton of almond milk, 1/2 a package of bacon, and a few other things I can slap together in the pantry.
- We are officially out of: garlic! We have garlic powder and garlic salt, but no mo' garlic. :( We are out of parsley, mexi blend cheese, bread, and nearly out of onions and potatoes.
- Our garden gave us 5 yellow squash, 1 zucchini squash, 4 poblano peppers, and 5 or 6 green bell peppers this week, as well as a metric ton of cherry tomatoes and half a dozen regular tomatoes.
- We got out and went fishing at the lake for a couple hours Saturday morning and went to a free car show at the Capitol building Saturday night with the kids. Ashley managed to survive even though "car shows are so booooooring..."
- We finished a 1000 piece puzzle that I had sitting around half done for a month or two.
- I started sewing a dress that I already had everything for and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make it smaller because...
- I lost 12 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks! I've been kinda sorta doing the Naturally Slim program and have been going to yoga 4-5 times per week. That just shows how overweight I was and how much I overate each day.
- The kids started back to school this week and JROTC for Daden and volleyball for Ashley
|Me, myself, and I...ahhhh|
There you have it! My fiscal fast update. We have chicken thighs thawing in the fridge for tomorrow night and I'm going to bring leftover pasta from tonight to work for lunch tomorrow.
As an aside, my yoga instructor tried to get us into Crow pose tonight. I was nearly there with blocks before I fell off the block. I also fell off 2 blocks just sitting. Did I ever tell you my middle name is Grace?